Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bradley's new found fun.

Bradley is 17 months old today!! I can't believe how fast he's growing up. Bradley's favorite things right now are balls, cars, dogs, dancing, and going potty. He has started talking in his own sort of way mostly beginning sounds, and one syllable words but he is definitely trying to get his point across more and more. And with his new found language he has also discovered asking to go potty or" poppy" as he likes to call it. Late last week he started having bowl movements on the potty and now he has figured out how to relieve his bladder as well. I had no intentions of potty training him at this point and am still not sure where we are going with this but he is showing an unbelievable interest in it right now. He has even started going to the bathroom door and saying "poppy" when he needs to go. Last night he did this twice and was dry and went as soon as I put him on the potty. He has also asked to go twice today and did, and then ran around with no diaper on for an hour and a half with out an accident! I have no idea at this point if this is just a phase or some fun new game to get mommy to take him to the bathroom, but he defiantly knows what to do on the potty so we'll see if it continues. I don't know where to go find underwear for a child that can't keep 12 month pants up with a diaper on but I guess if it gets to that we'll figure something out. But for now, I'm not holding my breath.
Here's Bradley doing his business on the potty.
(and trying to get the camera)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! for Bradley!
    We're potty-training FireGirl as well. I figure it will take a while at this young age, but she's doing amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete