Friday, August 27, 2010

Natalie's first day of school

Natalie is officially a grade schooler. I really don't know what to think about that, but I can tell you that she thinks it's the greatest thing ever! She was sooo excited about school this morning. She started bugging me to leave at 6:30 and school doesn't start until 8:25. We left at 7:45 and walked to school this morning it takes 15-20 to walk there and the doors open at 8:10 so needless to say we were still a little early. Natalie was so funny she didn't even want me to walk her to the door, she wanted me to just leave her to walk from the bottom of the hill up to the school by herself. I did walk up to the front but I let her walk to the doors all by herself. She was so cute she smiled and waves at the principal and teachers as she walked in like she knew where she was going and had done it before. I was so proud of her and kind of sad that she has grown up so fast and is ready to take of on new adventures. Bradley was sad to see her go and wanted to go with her, he was a little lost when we got home without his buddy to play with. But shortly after we got home Owen came over to play and they had fun until we left to go get her. I decided to walk back up since it's such a nice day (I will think twice before doing that again, three kids at lunch time not such a good plan). She came out in a line with everyone else so serious until her teacher dismissed her to me then she came over with a big smile and said "I had fun mommy." She told me she made friends, and even read a book to her teacher! I know she's going to have a great year!



We took this on Wednesday when we walked up to play on the playground so she wouldn't have to stop and pose when everyone else was coming to school.

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl! Sounds like she did awesome on her first day! So big!

    ReplyDelete